Ecommerce Entrepreneurs Product Ideas 2016
Let’s get started.
Make a List :-
1. Start With What You Have
- What products, niches or industry you are particularly passionate about or interested in?
- What products, niches or industries are your friends passionate about?
- What pain points do you have in your own life?
2. Local Community
You don’t need a new idea at all.Look around your community and take note of what new or interesting retail concepts people are talking about. Your local newspapers can also be a great resource for this type of news and information.
3. Online Consumer Trend Publications
A great place to start your search for product ideas is to look at some top consumer product trend publications.
4. Industry Leaders
There are several online tools you can use to discover the influencers online for a particular industry or niche:
5. Product and Trend Discovery Review Sites
Here are just a few examples of popular consumer product blogs to get you started:
6. Social Curation Sites
Several of the larger social curations sites are:
- Pinterest – Pinterest is the fastest growing social network with over 50 million monthly users. Don’t forget to check out the popular section for what’s trending.
- Polyvore – Polyvore is a new way to discover and shop for things you love. Polyvore’s global community has created over 80 million collage-like “sets” that are shared across the web.
- Fancy – Fancy describes themselves as part store, magazine and wish list. Use Fancy to find a gift for any occasion and share your favorite discoveries with all your friends.
- Wanelo – Wanelo (Want – Need – Love) describes itself as a community for all of the worlds shopping, bringing together products and stores in a Pinterest like product posting format. You can start by checkout out trending people.
7. B2B Wholesale Marketplaces
Alibaba – You’ve likely heard of Alibaba. They are one of the biggest ecommerce companies in the world, up there with Amazon and eBay. Alibaba connects consumers all over the world with wholesalers and manufacturers from Asia. With hundreds of thousands of products, there’s not much you can’t find on Alibaba.
8. Online Consumer Marketplaces
eBay – eBay is the largest online consumer auction site.
eBay Market Research – A way to find some of the most popular product categories on eBay.
Amazon – Amazon is the largest internet retailer.
Amazon Bestsellers – Amazon’s most popular products based on sales. Updated hourly.
Amazon Movers and Shakers – Amazon’s biggest gainers in sales rank over the past 24 hours. Updated hourly.
Kickstarter – Kickstarter is the largest crowd-funding website.
Kickstarter Discover – Browse all projects by popularity, funding, staff picks, as well as many other options.
Etsy – Etsy is a marketplace for handmade items.
Etsy Trending Items – Check out the current trending items and listings on Etsy.
AliExpress – AliExpress is a new consumer wholesale marketplace from Alibaba that allows you to order in small quantities.
AliExpress Popular – The most popular products being bought on AliExpress.
9. Social Forum Communities
Reddit is the largest social media news aggregator.
- Buy It For Life – For practical, durable and quality made products that are built to last.
- Shut Up And Take My Money – Interesting, clever, useful products that that people want… badly.
There are also several subreddits for curated Amazon products, make sure to check out the following:
- Reddit, What is One Product Under $20 That You Recommend Everyone To Buy?
- What $100 Item Has The Single Greatest Ability to Increase Quality of Life?
Instagram isn’t just pictures of food and dogs, it is also an interesting option for inspiring product ideas.
- Hashtag – Once again, if you have a particular interest in a product category or industry, you can try searching for applicable hashtags. Another great option is to do a search on Instagram for applicable hashtags that insinuate buyer interest and intent like #want and #buy.
- Product Curation Accounts – There are many accounts on Instagram that post curated product content. Like many other examples above, you’ll likely want to search for and find accounts within the niches you are particularly interested in. As an example, Shopify curates interesting and unique products from Shopify’s 90,000+ online stores. It might just provide the idea or spark for your next product.
Note:- This Post First visible on Shopify blog
Ecommerce Entrepreneurs Product Ideas 2016,eCommerce,Ideas 2016,eCommerce ideas 2016,2016 eCommerce Entrepreneurs,Startup eCommerce,eCommerce Startup Idea,Startup Idea 2016,eCommerce Entrepreneurs Ideas 2016 By Sagar Ganatra,Sagar Ganatra eCommerce,Sagar Ganatra Entrepreneur Rajkot Gujarat India